Wednesday, April 17, 2013

GETTING CLOSER

With only a month to my departure several matters have come together

First, I have joined the Chicago Area Sea Kayakers Association Facebook page and posted a plea for assistance looking after me and my boat should I make it that far. I have had two offers of assistance. The first is from a young woman who grew up on the Shore and went to Northcote College and who now lives in Evanston. That just happens to be where the world headquarters of Rotary International is situated ,which I choose to take as a sign that I am pre destined to do this trip. More importantly, the young lady is a physio which might come in handy to repair my ravaged body. The other offer of help has come from a woman living just west of Chicago  who appears to manage a kayak business and might be better placed to store my kayak

Secondly, I have got in touch with several paddlers with whom I kayaked the Hudson River some years ago and who live in various places up the Hudson River. They have offered assistance and I hope some of them will join me as I pass through

Thirdly, my boat which has been in Georgia these past two years should be on the move to New Jersey in early May where it will be picked up by my son in law and taken to NY.

Fourthly, invitations have been sent to my fellow kayakers to attend a going away party. I had a party before going on the Mississippi trip which I thoroughly enjoyed and so i am very much looking forward to this one

Finally, I have sent letters to various Rotary Clubs in the Detroit area asking if there is anyone who is prepared to take me in as I pass through so I don’t have to camp in downtown Detroit

 

 

 

Legal Disclaimer

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment