Wednesday, May 1, 2013

RECENT DEVELOPMENTS

Everything seems to be coming together nicely with my departure to NY only two weeks away.

I have just received advice that my boat will be delivered to southern New Jersey tomorrow by Dutch Earle who has been looking after it for the last year. My son-in law will be driving down from NY to meet him and will take the boat back to either the city or their holiday home to await my arrival. It looks like I won’t have to swim to Chicago after all

The other major development  will alleviate the concerns I expressed in an earlier post about commando camping in downtown Detroit as I pass through. To deal with this I this I wrote to  the local Rotary clubs to enquire whether there might be someone in their club who  would look after me. I found 5 clubs, all of whom actually hold their meetings in buildings situated right on the water. If I get my timing right I might be able to paddle right up and attend a Rotary meeting. Anyway, I have just had a reply from the Rotary Club of Grosse Pointe in Detroit offering assistance.

For those who don’t know Detroit, Grosse Pointe is a suburb that makes Remuera look like Otara. It is where the Fords of motor car fame have their homes and is full of huge mansions with sweeping lawns down to the water’s edge. The club  would like me to be the speaker at their meeting if I am there on a Monday when they meet

 

Legal Disclaimer

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment