Saturday, May 11, 2013

IMMINENT DEPARTURE

I fly out to New York on Thursday 16 May arriving in time for   grand-daughter  Lauren’s 4th birthday party at the weekend, which I am greatly looking forward to. Any spare time will be spent in buying the first week’s supplies. I am hoping that Juliet, Jane and Matthew will meet up with me over the following weekend which is Memorial weekend and resupply me for another week which will save me some time.

My kayak is currently being stored at the Inwood Kayak Clubhouse which is only a couple of kilometres from where Jane and Matthew live, and just north of the George Washington Bridge

I hope to depart from the small park just under the bridge. The park contains a lighthouse which is the subject of a very famous children’s book called “The Little Red Lighthouse” which I am giving to Lauren for her birthday. I hope this will help her to remember in years to come the place

“ Silly Grand-dad” (her words) left from on his adventure

 

Legal Disclaimer

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment